Mr. Amewu, who was asked to act as Energy Minister after the former minister’s removal was confirmed for the portfolio in President Nana Akufo-Addo’s ministerial reshuffle.
He leaves the Lands and Natural Resources ministry after leading a spirited campaign against illegal mining. Mr. Amewu told Citi News the government will remain united after this reshuffle.
“What people don’t know is that this government is one of the most collaborative government ever in the history of this country. We work as a team. That is what the President impressed upon his ministers.”
“You will see one minister in another place playing a supporting role to another so it is a collective responsibility. We don’t see ourselves as single ministers responsible for delivering. So that collaborative effort, of course, will be there,” Mr. Amewu affirmed.
The newly appointed Minister for Energy, Peter Amewu spoke to Citi News on the sidelines of the Official launch of the 15th Anniversary of the Enstoolment of the Agbogbomefia of the Asogli State TogbeAgede XIV.
Below is the list of Ministers who have been reassigned
1. John Peter Amewu, former Minister for Lands and Natural Resources and acting Minister for Energy, is now Minister for Energy;
2. Kwaku Asomah-Cheremeh, former Brong Ahafo Regional Minister, is now Minister for Lands and Natural Resources;
3. Hon. Kofi Adda, Member of Parliament for Navrongo constituency and former Minister for Sanitation and Water Resources, is now Minister for Aviation;
4. Cecilia Abena Dapaah, former Minister for Aviation, is now Minister for Sanitation and Water Resources;
5. Dr. Mustapha Abdul-Hamid, former Minister for Information, is now Minister for Inner City and Zongo Development;
6. Hon. Kojo Oppong Nkrumah, Member of Parliament for Ofoase/Ayirebi constituency and former Deputy Minister for Information, is now Minister for Information designate;
7. Hon. Cynthia Morrison, Member of Parliament for Agona West constituency, is now Minister for Gender, Children and Social Protection designate;
8. Paulina Tangoba Abayage, former Ambassador to Italy, is now Upper East Regional Minister designate;
9. Hon. Evans Opoku Bobie, Member of Parliament for Asunafo North constituency and former deputy Brong Ahafo Regional Minister, is now Brong Ahafo Regional Minister designate;
10. Hon. Martin Oti Gyarko, Member of Parliament for Techiman North constituency, is now Deputy Brong Ahafo Regional Minister designate;
11. Hon. Boniface Abubakar Saddique, Member of Parliament for Madina constituency and former Minister for Inner City and Zongo Development, is now Minister of State at the Office of the Vice President;
12. Rockson Bukari, former Upper East Regional Minister, is now Minister of State at the Office of the President;
13. Pius Enam Hadzide, former deputy Minister for Youth and Sports, is now Deputy Minister for Information;
14. Perry Curtis Okudzeto, former deputy Minister for Information, is now Deputy Minister for Youth and Sports;
15. Otiko Afisa Djaba, former Minister for Gender, Children and Social Protection, is now Ambassador-designate to Italy.
Ministerial reshuffle: I will continue to be a team player – Amewu
10 August 2018
Incoming Minister for Energy, Peter Amewu has pledged to collaborate with other ministries to ensure Ghanaians receive affordable power supply.