Nearly a month ago, fire gutted a student hostel in Takoradi New Site and completely burnt down their belongings. The situation rendered most of the occupants of the building homeless including two students from Awiebo in the Ellembele District, Cephas Armah (Mechanical Engineering) and Noah Augustine( Civil Engineering), both students of Takoradi Technical University.
Since the incident, the MP has been in constant touch with the victims through the leadership of the National Association of Nzema Students, TTU Chapter, making sure the students are safe on campus and going through their normal academic duties.
He has since donated Gh 1000 to the students and promised to support them in the future.
"I will continue to ensure that this incident that rendered some of my constituents homeless will not affect their quality of life on campus and their academic performance, he said.
He has however advised landlords especially those operating students hostel facilities to ensure that they install fire alarms to detect early fire in order to prevent future occurrence of fire outbreak.